Stainless Steel Wire Rope
Stainless steel wire rope, and steel wire rope in general, makes for one of the strongest types of rope available for industrial use. When older links or bars were used to lift heavy loads, a defect could result in the failure of the rope and your heavy equipment dropping.
Stainless steel wire rope is made up of many strands of stainless steel, wound together for strength and infallibility when lifting heavy loads. If one small strand fails, the remaining stainless steel strands are strong enough to always get the job done.
All About Lifting & Safety’s Tips for Stainless Steel Wire Rope
When you’re using stainless steel wire rope, or steel wire rope in general, it’s important that you recognise any stress signs on the rope to prevent failure and damage to your equipment, or worksite accidents.
Our All About Lifting experts have these tips to remember:
- Visual examination - Examine each rope before you start using it to make sure there are no signs of stress or weakening.
- Professional checks - Every month or so you should get a professional to examine the rope to make sure there are no signs of rope stress.
- Do not exceed maximum weight capacity - This is important in making sure the rope keeps its integrity for as long as possible.
- Check the temperature - If you try to use the rope in severe temperatures, it may cause extra wear and tear, or lead it to snap completely.
- Pay extra attention to sheaves and blocks - The rope is most likely to wear or become weaker around blocks or sheaves, so keep an eye out for this during operation.
At All About Lifting & Safety, we pride ourselves in only stocking and supplying the highest-quality rope that is certified internationally. We provide the entire package; from supplying the stainless steel wire rope, to maintenance, installation and replacement rope services.
Our Range of Lifting Equipment
You may also be interested in the rest of our product range designed to move and manage heavy loads, as efficiently and safely as possible.
Some of our lifting equipment products include:
Remembers, it’s important to buy your safety equipment from an accredited supplier like All About Lifting & Safety. Others suppliers may offer cheaper but inferior products that can jeopardise your team’s safety. Additionally, equipment purchased from an overseas supplier may not comply with local safety standards.
Featured Stainless Steel Wire Rope
Contact All About Lifting & Safety for all of your lifting and safety equipment needs.